Thursday, June 5, 2014

For Your Information- June 2014

FOR YOUR INFORMATION
June 2014

Hi Everybody Dr. Norris here.
This month's newsletter is a few random bits of information about me, chiropractic and health in general.

MY BIG MILESTONE
It is amazing, but next month I will turn 60. I have been blessed with good health for most of my life...
but sometimes I do feel my age. Although I'm still able to swim 3 times per week, walk my dog 2 times per week, do gardening and household repairs, it takes longer to recuperate from activity. So I have decided to start taking Thursday mornings off from work. I will still be in the office Thursday afternoons from 2:00 until 6:00pm.

INSURANCE CHANGES
I recently attended a yearly continuing education course. The speaker told us that insurance companies are in many cases increasing co-pays, increasing deductibles and decreasing covered services. Thankfully, chiropractic care is still being offered by most carriers because many people ask for it. Nevertheless, my office overhead is low, so my fees are some of the lowest in the AV area. If you or your loved ones need care, I will work with you to make it affordable.

HOW ABOUT AN EXTRA LARGE LATTE
Randy Gardner is the holder of the scientifically documented record for the longest period a human
has intentionally gone without sleep not using stimulants of any kind. In 1964, Gardner, a 17-year-old high school student in San Diego, California, stayed awake for 264.4 hours (11 days 24 minutes). After staying up for a week and a half straight, Gardner had begun to hallucinate and lost entire chunks of his cognitive ability and concentration. I think I need to go take a nap.

NO WONDER THINGS GO WRONG
The human spine is comprised of 32 bones, 64 spinal nerves, 31 cartilage discs, hundreds of muscles and ligaments. It needs to be flexible enough to bend, twist and rotate, while being sturdy enough to protect the spinal cord. When these structures don't function properly the result is pain, spasm, postural weakness, numbness and tingling. My education and experience has allowed me to help people with these kinds of physical problems.
 
So if you or someone you care about is suffering,
have them call me for a consultation.
That's what I love to do, help people.

“Because nobody has time for pain!”
Sincerely,
Dr. Michael Norris
 

HEALTH TIP:
Avoiding Headaches
One of the most common causes of headache is tight neck muscles. At the onset of a headache gently stretching the muscles on either side of the neck can often provide significant relief. If you have questions about these stretches feel free to ask Dr. Norris.
 
 QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
"Be careful of the toes you step on today,
for they may be connected to the foot
that kicks you in the rear tomorrow.”  

~ Anonymous
 

Disclaimer: The information contained herein is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases or, medical problems. It is not intended to replace your doctor's recommendations.
The information is provided for educational purposes only. Response to care and nutritional benefits may vary from one person to another.