THE HEALING POWER OF FOOD!
Hi Everybody Dr. Norris Here.
I hope you enjoy this great article by Dr. Fabrizio Mancini.
Something amazing happens when you begin to eat healing foods and give your body a break from junk foods, bad fats, refined flour, and sugar. Your body may shed up to ten pounds of excess water weight, and your energy soars. You get your digestion working properly again, stop feeling so bloated and congested, and maximize your self-healing potential.
The scientific research is loaded with proof of how proper nutrition can heal. There are thousands of studies, for example, showing that a diet heavy in fruits and vegetables protects against heart disease and cancer. Maybe we really don’t need to throw so many pills and drugs at a disease, just more fruits and vegetables!
All whole foods are self-healing, but here are 5 foods that have special powers. All of them fight disease, promote a strong immune system, and provide nutrients you need to feel great. Try to include as many as possible in your diet. Simply put, when you eat well, you feel well.
Add these to your daily diet:
- Apples- They are high in fiber for a healthy digestive system. They also reduce the risk of stroke and chances of dying of a heart attack.
- Artichokes- They protect the liver against toxic build-up. They also reduce levels of LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, because they are rich in antioxidant.
- Avocados- They are loaded with the powerful antioxidants which helps the body get rid of cancer-causing substances? They also help reduce total cholesterol.
- Beets- They are loaded with folic acid, an important B vitamin that protects against heart disease and cancer. It also appears to help prevent the formation of LDL cholesterol.
- Blueberries- They help your brain produce dopamine, a neurotransmitter involved in memory, coordination, and feelings of well- being. They also may prevent the growth of breast cancer cells.
May you eat well and live long...Bon Appetit!
As always if you or someone you care about is suffering... have them contact me for a consultation... I will do everything I can to get them out of pain fast.
“Because nobody has time for pain!”
Dr. Michael Norris
The Sunny Side Of Eggs
Despite decades of advise that the cholesterol in eggs is bad, researchers now report eggs may actually reduce high blood pressure. Scientists found egg proteins that, in laboratory simulations, seem to be good as common prescription medication for lowering blood pressure. Journal of Agricultural and food Chemistry, Feb 2009.
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
“By making decisions to alter our diet or make more healthful choices, we have greater potential for self- healing.” ~Dr. Fabrizio Mancini