HAPPY NEW YEAR
Hello Friends and Patients,
2012 has arrived. I know most of us will be making resolutions to improve our lives. I need to continue losing weight, improve my endurance, be more loving to people and be more productive. That’s just a start. It seems overwhelming to say the least. I came across this list of suggestions to help us live a better life. Hopefully something in it inspires you a little. Let's have a great 2012. As always if you have a painful condition or a simple question about your health please feel free to call me anytime.
“Because you don’t have time for pain!”
Dr. Michael Norris
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince
and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow ON trees and plants
and eat less food that is manufactured IN plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2010.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep at least 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily.
And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others.
You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts
on things you cannot control.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously.
No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have
all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind
your partner of his/her mistakes in the past.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't
spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness
22. Realize that life is a school and
you are here to learn.
23. Laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument.
Agree to disagree...
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70,
and under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you
is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you
are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful,
beautiful, or joyful.
34. Remember that GOD improves everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up,
dress up, and show up.
37. When you awake alive in the morning,
thank GOD for it.
38. Be happy.
39. Be thankful.
Finally… consider forwarding this guide to those you care about.
Sensible Snacking: Eating smaller, more frequent good snacks can help balance your metabolism and mood, which will help maintain your energy levels. Try to avoid snacks high in trans fat, high-fructose corn syrup and processed sugar. Look for good things like: whole grains, fiber, protein, fruits, nuts, seeds, and omega-3s. Choose snacks that are minimally processed, free of highly refined sweeteners, and artifificial ingredients.
Quote of the month: "The treatments themselves do not 'cure' the condition, they simply restore the body's self-healing ability." ~Leon Chaitow, N.D., D.O.