Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mission Statement- Nov 2012

OUR MISSION STATEMENT
November 2012

Hi Everybody Dr. Norris Here.

I was recently asked on a form I was filing "What is your mission statement?" So I wrote: To provide quality affordable health care to the Antelope Valley. To do this I have prepared myself with three college degrees (BS Phys Ed, MS Sports Medicine and Doctorate in Chiropractic).  To stay on top of changes I attend 30 hours of yearly continuing education courses.  To provide affordable care I keep my overhead low.  This allows me to keep my fees low.  At Norris Chiropractic, children under 12 are treated free with a paying parent.  But the bottom line is I really enjoy helping people get out of pain...
 

Because nobody has time for pain!
 
If you or someone you care about is suffering
with a painful condition have them call me
and I will give them a complimentary consultation
to see if chiropractic care can help.
Sincerely,
Dr. Michael Norris

 

A DOG'S PURPOSE

We all get a lot of junk e-mail.  I received this story from a friend via e-mail and I was surprised how great it was.  Because I'm a dog person and I have had to put down a few pets it was tough to read.
Thanks to Mike F. for the story.

A veterinarian was called to examine an old dog named Belker who was very sick.  The dog's owners and their little boy Shane, were all very attached to Belker.
The examination revealed Belker was dying of cancer.

As arrangements for euthanasia were being made, the owners told the vet they thought it would be good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure.
They felt he might learn something from the experience.  As the family surrounded their beloved pet and Shane petted the old dog for the last time the boy seemed unusually calm.  The adults wondered if the boy understood what was going on.
Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The adults sat together for a while, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animals’ lives are shorter than human lives.
Shane, who was listening quietly, piped up, "I know why."  What he said was amazing and a comforting explanation that we can all learn from.  He said, "People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life... like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?"  The Six-year-old continued,

"Well, dogs already know how to do that, so they don't have to stay as long."

Things we can all learn from dogs:

-Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
-When loved ones come home,
  always run to greet them.
-Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
-Play daily.
-Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
-On warm days, stop and lie on your back on the grass.
-Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
-Be loyal.
-Enjoy every moment of every day!
 


HEALTH UPDATE: Here is some Thanksgiving Day advice.  Turkey is low in fat and an excellent source of protein.  Left-over roasted turkey can be mixed with nutritious vegetables and made into casseroles and soups.  Just go easy on the potatoes and rolls.  And remember just because pumpkin is a vegetable doesn't mean you should have three helpings of pumpkin pie.
Norris Chiropractic, November 2012.


QUOTE OF THE MONTH:
“This Thanksgiving: Eat More Beef.”

~ Zackey Farms Turkeys
(2012)